The Hybrid Author Podcast is made possible by our Patreon supporters, and by the recommendations and reviews of our listeners that help grow our audience. We appreciate you very much.
Just as a reminder: here are our S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Publish or submit ATLANTIS IN EXILE by Dec 31, 2019
- Finish Non-fiction collaboration
- Post Atlantis drafts on Patreon + Movie/Pop Culture Ramblecast
- Publish Four (4) Finished Books by Dec 31, 2019
- If completed early, work on sequels or new series
- Read/Re-read 120 books by Dec 31, 2019
- Write “a bunch” of short stories to see if we want to publish
- Work with Parvus to produce and publish SALVAGE
- Revise and produce PHANTOM TRAVELER: FRINGE (2018 Patreon series)
- Write a full season of PHANTOM TRAVELER for Patreon
- Finish at least 3 episodes by January 31
- Write at least 4 Peridot “Facets” by Dec 31, 2019
- First Anthology happens at 100K words
- Write a new short piece every month
- Submit at least 4 short pieces to SFF markets by Dec 31, 2019
- Finish ATLANTIS collaboration
What steps did Rekka plan to take since our last recording?
- Move a collaboration(s) forward
- Determine the format and outline for PTS2 in time to start posting content on time
- Begin SALVAGE revisions and return to Parvus by Jan 31, 2019
Any Roadblocks or Obstacles?
Just that work takes time and doing it right takes longer. Rekka didn’t say last week that she’d finish her SALVAGE revisions, though, and that seems to have been a very wise approach.
So, SALVAGE revisions continue, and Rekka’s got a firm goal to be done with them by the next episode, though hopefully it doesn’t take a full week.
She also has a goal of completing an illustration for her Patreon subscribers (by January 31, which is when it needs to be published).
She also has a goal of outlining the third book of The Peridot Shift, because she does not feel that any feedback on SALVAGE will greatly affect how the direction the plot, at the wide angle view, will go.
She does not have a goal of receiving feedback from Parvus or Phantom Traveler cover art from her illustrator, or anything else that is beyond her control.
And that’s the big takeaway from this episode, folks.
Set your goals based upon what you can control, not what you want to happen.
So obviously, this episode continues the departure from our standard (co-hosting) format. This week, we’d really appreciate hearing your feedback. Should Rekka continue Han Solo style, or do you miss the Wookiee?
Please let us know!
If you enjoy this podcast, please support by pledging on Patreon, leaving a review and/or subscribe on iTunes, or sharing the episode with a writing friend.