Reviews help your book products find their audience and help casual shoppers make decisions about where they put their book dollars.
Rekka and Brian discuss where reviews come from, how to make sure you launch a book with a few to get the ball rolling, and how to find value in even the less-than-stellar reviews.
Speaking of reviews: Rekka will be giving away Five (5) Audible Codes for you to listen to and review her new book, FLOTSAM. To enter, leave a review and rating for The Hybrid Author Podcast in iTunes. Winners will be announced one per week starting May 17!
- How Reviews are Used / Useful
- Where you find reviews
- CTA (The “Ask”)
- Organic Reviews (~1% of sales result in reviews)
- Ambassadors and Advocates from your Mailing List
- Giveaways – Providing Advance Review Copies to total strangers (versus a list of super fans)
- Ads to promote a book and hope to generate sales and therefore reviews – AMS, Facebook, Bookbub
Will go into it more in a future episode, but do NOT engage with the reviews left unless they ask you to. Even bad reviews are doing you a favor.
Book Funnel (for distributing ARCs with Certified Mail service)