In the inaugural episode of The Hybrid Author Podcast, Brian and Rekka introduce themselves, their interests, and their publishing goals.
Notes from the episode:
– Rekka Jay writes as R J Theodore and her first novel, FLOTSAM, will be released by Parvus Press in 2018.
– Brian Williamson writes and hides his fiction from the world, though he has self-published a book on nutrition, The Beginner’s Guide to the Keto Diet
– Brian and a mutual friend had a close call when a traditional publisher sought out their expertise to pen a book they wanted to enter into the offering.
– Rekka always intended to self-publish but found herself happily signing a contract for the sale of her Steampunk / Space Opera genre-straddling trilogy.
– Rekka has been creating in various formats (visual, long-form, poetry, programming) and reading from a young age. She leans toward Science Fiction and Fantasy.
– Brian has written for as long as he can remember, and tends toward dark subject matter.
– Rekka’s Favorite Authors: C J Cherryh, Charles de Lint
– Brian’s Favorite Authors: Patrick Rothfuss, Tom Robbins, Joe Abercrombie
– Brian likes anti-hero stories with competent professionals, and doesn’t like magic
– Rekka likes escapist adventures with well-developed characters