Brian is a 40-something husband and father of three (and grandfather of 2). He’s been writing most of his life, even getting a degree in English. He writes mostly genre fiction, but does a lot of non-fiction writing, too, specifically in the area of nutrition. Most of his fiction is fantasy crossover in scope, combining elements of certain genres and excluding others. He also enjoys writing absurd and satirically humor. But only because it makes him laugh.
He’s never really taken it any further than the writing, though. So you’ll get to follow him on his journey to publishing nirvana. Ever the contrarian and indie-spirited hooligan, he is warm to the idea of self-publishing, but colder on the whole traditional way of doing things. But, maybe that’ll change. Stranger things have happened.
Here’s a little more about Brian:
- He’s an orthodox (with a small “o”) Christian with tattoos.
- He’s ultra-competitive, even about making lists of random things about one’s self.
- He, sometimes, get into trouble because he will go too far to be funny.
- My wife makes him laugh more than she knows.
- Red is his favorite color.
- He was commissioned into the Air Force right out of college (ROTC).
- He had a 30″ waist when He joined.
- He had a 34″ waist when He got out.
- He had a 38″ waist at his fattest.
- He has a 32″ waist now.
- He loves British humor.
- He dislikes cheery, positive music.
- He loves dark, heavy, emotional music.
- He loves movies.
- He’s also highly critical of movies, books, and television shows.
- His favorite characters are anti-heroes, especially assassins.
- The first time he saw his wife, he literally could not take his eyes off of her for several minutes.
- They met in a martial arts school.
- He was a vegan in college.
- Demon Hunter is his favorite band.
- He loves to teach.
- He went to college to become a teacher.
- He wanted to teach Philosophy and English.
- His undergraduate degree is in English.
- His graduate degree is in Computer Science.
- He prefers the English degree.
- He has a man-crush on Johnny Depp.
- He used to own a mixed martial arts school
- He has shaved his head smooth multiple times as an adult.
- He often loses sleep thinking about how he is screwing up his kids.
- He spent four years in Germany as a child.
- He loves ice cream.
- He loves Chinese food.
- He does not love Mexican food.
- He used to drive 75 miles one way to work.
- He loves to cook.
- He sweats profusely at the slightest provocation.
- He hates yardwork.
- He really digs arguing.
- He was in 7th grade when he had his last fight.
- He loves jiu jitsu.
- He despises identity politics.
- He used to roller skate in his basement in Ohio, but only counterclockwise.
- “The Incredibles” is probably his favorite movie.
- His two favorite professional football teams are the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks.
- His two favorite college football teams are Auburn and Texas A&M.
- He doesn’t consider baseball a sport.
- He cannot watch movies over and over again.
- He has the shortest attention span of anyone ee…
About the Hybrid Author Podcast
The publishing game has changed over the past 10 years. The market is proving there’s room for self-published and traditionally published work. It’s no longer about picking a side and holding the line. Nowadays, authors have a lot more choices. And the smart ones are becoming hybrids.